Free Cycle Training
Adult Group Cycle Training
Build confidence to cycle as a group with our Group cycle training sessions. Training is suitable for regular cyclists looking to brush up on advanced skills, cycle as a group and meet like minded people.
1 to 1 Adult Cycle Training
We offer Level 3 training, suitable for more confident cyclists, our advanced training occurs on busier roads to help you safely tackle more complex features such as roundabouts and multi-lane junctions. Sessions can also include planning and riding a safe route to work/school. Available to those who live, work or study in Hounslow.
- Book 1 free 2-hour sessions
- You must be 16 years of age or above
- Session delivered on a 1 rider to 1 instructor ratio
- Bikes and helmets available to borrow free of charge
- Refundable booking charge of a £5 deposit
- Lampton Park Cycling Hub in Lampton Park, Bulstrode Avenue entrance, TW3 4LD. Cycles available to borrow.
- Hanworth Cycling Hub in Hanworth Air Park Leisure Centre & Library, Feltham TW13 5EG. Cycles available to borrow.
- Flexible Location - Our instructors can arrange to meet you at a preferred site in Hounslow, which they consider appropriate for cycle training. Cycles not available to borrow.
Children's Cycle Training
Our children's cycle training courses follow the National Standard Bikeability Training (the new Cycling Proficiency). We typically run Lean to Ride and Bikeability Level 1 & 2 sessions. Please note, for these holiday courses there is usually a small subsidised cost.
There are different cycling courses available based on your child’s ability and age. Levels explained below:
- Learn to Ride – Suitable for children who cannot ride a bike. This course will develop balance, improve co-ordination, gain confidence and how to ride safely. Takes place off-road with an experienced instructor.
- Level 1 & 2 – Suitable for children 9 years +. Children must be able to cycle for this course. It develops children’s handling and control of the bike, boosts confidence and refines skills at their own pace. Riders will then be taken onto quiet roads and simple junctions, to develop rider’s skills and confidence on road, preparing them for cycling on more complex, busier roads.
- Level 3 – Suitable for children 11 year +. Children must be able to cycle confidently for this training. Riders will develop skills for more challenging road and traffic situations; busier streets and multi-lane traffic, complex junctions and roundabouts, queuing traffic, as well as planning a bespoke safe route to school/home.
For more information on children's courses, please email [email protected].
Trying to teach your child how to ride a bike? HSBC's Ready Set Ride is a useful interactive website and mobile app to help parents teach their children how to ride a bike through fun games and activities.
TfL's Free Online Cycle Skills Course
Whether you're new to cycling or just want to brush up on your skills, TfL's free online Cycle Skills course provides easy to follow tips and advice to get you going. There are four short modules to try. And if you complete all four modules, you'll receive a unique 15% discount code so you can save on Halfords own-brand cycle lights, locks and helmets.
- Tips to get you and your cycle prepared for the road
- How to start cycling on the road safely and responsibly
- Tips to brush up on your cycling skills
- How to cycle in a group with children or adults
What are you waiting for? register now